Friday 8 May 2015

In Between

After my trip to Poland/Germany my next exciting event was that my mom was coming to visit in a few weeks and we would be going to Budapest, Hungary for a weekend getaway. 

Between that time I went to Chinese New Year with some friends at Trafalgar Square where they celebrated the year of the sheep. We watched the Flying Lion Dance and bought little paper dragons because they were adorable and everyone had them. 






I also went away for the weekend to Manchester and went on a day trip to Dover to see the White Cliffs. I don't think that I went to the right location to see the cliffs because I didn't find it all that special.




Katy, Kylie and I went out in Shoreditch, our favourite place to go out. Kylie decided to move back to Canada in April and we all hadn't gone out in a long time so wanted to make sure before we got too busy with visitors coming.

My mom came for almost two weeks at the end of February and unfortunately I had to work for most of her visit but she managed to see some sights during the day and we would get together after I was finished work. The first weekend she was here I took her to Notting Hill and Kensington Garden/Hyde Park. I had been to Hyde Park in October and searched (almost) the entire park trying to find the Peter Pan statue but gave up because it was so cold out. This time when I was with my mom I made sure we found it, and here's the proof!



No comments:

Post a Comment