Thursday 18 June 2015

London Eye

Kylie had decided to move back to Canada in April and had a list of things she wanted to do before she left London, one of those was go on the London Eye. Since Katy and Kylie's friend Jenn was visit, it was the perfect opportunity to go!

In total, the ride was about 30 minutes. We booked our tickets online because you save a little money that way, and saved us the hassle of having to buy them there. We got our tickets for the first time slot and ended up being the first ones on in the morning which I recommend, as when we left the lineup was huge, even for those who had already purchased tickets.





I've got that British tan going on, meaning that I am very pale.
It was very bright and warm, luckily the "bubble" has air conditioning 
Can't get enough of this view
 After we went for a tour of Wesminster Abbey which in my opinion was overpriced.  Later on I met up with my friend Lauren and since it was such a gorgeous day out, we rented bikes and went for a relaxing ride through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. A day like this reminded me why I moved to London and makes all the unbearable days of teaching worth it!

Unfortunately no pictures were allowed inside Westminster Abbey,  but I was able to snap this picture in the garden

It's hard being short and riding a bicycle  



No comments:

Post a Comment