Sunday 27 November 2016

Long Live The Goblin King

David Bowie's death on January 10th had a big impact in London, and on my sister Holly's life. There was a big memorial in south London for Bowie that I hadn't had the opportunity to visit until early February. The mural had already been there for a few years just steps from the Brixton station, and now is a famous landmark to pay tribute to the Goblin King. There was a massive pile of flowers in front of the painting and people had been putting up drawings and writing beside the mural about how Bowie made an impact on their life. The best part was that there was even a pizza. I am lucky I saw it when I did, as I found out that a few days later all the flowers had been cleared away.




Some days I just like to walk around the downtown and see my favourite landmarks. This was an especially hazy day which made a great shot of Parliament and Big Ben. 



Marcel and I love to go on day trips to random places around England, this time we visited Cheddar Gorge on the west coast of England in Somerset. The gorge is about 400 feet deep and 3 miles long, it was quite spectacular. I had no idea that there was anything like this in England. My favourite part was seeing a mountain goat standing on the edge of a cliff. There were also some people free climbing the side of the mountain.  There were some cute shops in the town and of course a place that sold cheddar cheese. though I don't think the village has anything to do with cheddar cheese.







Although Marcel is Irish, he didn't want to do anything for St. Patrick's Day so Shannon and I decided to head to Trafalgar Square for the big party. As usual, any even that is in Trafalgar Square is insanity, but lots of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment