Saturday 16 August 2014

Just Over A Year Later...

Day 14

--------------

I thought I would finally the rest of my trip to Italy, even though it was more than a year ago. I was getting too fed up with horrible internet connection we had during the trip so I just wrote my posts in a word document instead of putting it on here. Even though it's over 14 months later, I wanted to finish off my travel "journal."

-------------


We all slept in today so we missed breakfast as it finishes at 9:30. We went out to see if some shops are open. After stopping at many tobacco stores, I finally found one that sold a calling card so I could call the bank and sort out my debit card. I went back to the payphone and it took 20 minutes to actually get the payphone to work, but I got through to TD and they explained that my I needed to increase my limit which can only be done in Canada, so I can only take out a certain amount of euros a day. I am just so relieved that my debit card is working and I can take out money! Kylee and Shannon went to the other pool to go tanning, and Kelly and I stayed back and went to a restaurant to get pizza. I also got some confetti candy to take home as a souvenir. We went back to the hotel and sat in the sun and read with the other people who didn’t go to the pool. Since it was a nice day, Kelly and I decided to go for a bike ride and used the bikes available at the hotel. We were out for about 45 minutes as it was extremely hot and just went around an area we hadn’t explored yet. 





We came back and I skyped home as it was Mothers Day and then called my Nana who was surprised to hear from me. Then Justin, Shannon, Kylee and I got watermelon gelato and came back to make a card for the teachers for Mothers Day. Then a few of us went out and got some confetti candy for souvenirs.  First course was just regular pasta with penne noodles, and then second course was chicken! This was the first chicken we have had since we have been in Sulmona, and even though it was dry it was delicious! For dessert we had chocolate cheesecake again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment