Thursday 13 November 2014

Bath and Stonehenge

After our trip to Jane Austen House Museum we drove to Bath (and got lost a few times on the way, but we didn't mind because the scenery was so nice.) We arrived Saturday evening and checked into our hotel then went to the grocery store to get some snacks and drinks for our night out. The four of us were unsure of what are the nightlife but luckily we had an awesome cab driver and he sent us where to go - our first stop was a place called the Slug and Lettuce and ended with a club called Zero Zero. I have found that people go out very early in London, most likely because all the bars/clubs close early. We had a great night and really enjoyed celebrating Katy's birthday.





Prior to leaving, I had booked tickets for Stonehenge on Sunday as I had been told sometimes it can sell out. I have to say, Stonehenge was a bit of a let down. I'm not sure if it was because we actually weren't able to get close to the stones, or if it was because we didn't grab an audio guide. While I am glad I saw it, I don't think I would ever go back. The four of us also couldn't resist buying matching buttons that say "we saw the stones" as that is just the strangest thing to have on a button.








After Stonehenge, we drove back and toured around Bath while it was still light out. Bath certainly has a different vibe than London, and it was a nice change from the constant business of London. I would definitely recommend going to Bath, it was beautiful! I hope to go back one day and actually go in the Roman Baths and go to Bristol as it is only a half hour drive away.




The Circus - these three long buildings are townhouses that were built in a circle




No comments:

Post a Comment