Saturday 3 January 2015

Christmas and NYE


I was lucky enough to be able to come home to Canada for Christmas. Unfortunately I got a cold a few days before so felt really sick on the plane. My first stop after I got back to Canada was to a walk in clinic and was put on antibiotics for an ear infection. Although it wasn't the greatest thing to come back with, I was so glad to be home and see my family and friends! It was a really busy week trying to fit in time to see everyone and really didn't have any time to just relax.

 I wasn't sure what it would be like coming home and found it strange being "home." Everyone and everything seemed the same for the most part which was nice as it kind of felt like I never left which made me feel better about living away from home. At the beginning of the week I did not want to go back to London because being home made me not want to leave my family and friends again. I even looked into switching my flight for a week later as I wanted more time at home. Near the end of my time in Canada I started to miss my life in London as even though I was busy with seeing everyone, I was bored. In London I feel like there is always so much more for me to do and see and I am never bored. Again, it was really hard for me to leave everyone but it was easier than it was in September as this time I am settled and know what to expect. I was really hoping there would be snow for Christmas and was bummed out that it was a green Christmas and didn't see any snow.


Cupcakes for my belated birthday 

Got to spend time and go for a Christmas walk with one of my closest friends



I went back to London on December 28th and had the week with Katy as Kylie went to Canada for New Years. The two of us went on a pub crawl for NYE in Shoreditch. It was quite the night!



No comments:

Post a Comment