Friday 17 July 2015

Sisters in London

Holly came to visit for a week and a half before my final half term break in June. She flew into Gatwick and I took the day off and surprised her at the airport.


We had planned quite a few things during her stay in London and had a lot to look forward to. The first weekend she was here we headed west to Notting Hill/ Portobello Market. While we were there we stopped in to get a Pimms (it was my first Pimms, along with Holly's first) and listened some live music. As we were close, we visited Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and it was so nice to see the flowers in bloom. Our last stop before heading home was to my favourite bakery Cocomaya



Kensington Gardens

Cocomaya


Sunday we went to Camden market, it was only my second time going to Camden so I was looking forward to going back and exploring it more. We discovered an entire "new" section of Camden I didn't know existed - the Stables Market where there were some really cool shops! My favourite was this amazing store that sold Turkish hand-painted plates and lamps, I am definitely going to go back and purchase something there.




One of the things I was most looking forward to during Holly's visit was the Afternoon Tea Bus Tour. Since moving to London I haven't actually had afternoon tea, not that I am much of a tea drinker anyways. This was the perfect combination, you have afternoon tea on a double decker bus that takes you around central London seeing the major sights. Luckily, Holly and I got an upgrade and had really a really good seat on the bus. We each got orange juice and a choice of tea or coffee and an assortment of sandwiches and other treats. Near the end of the tour we got a warm scone with some cream and jam. It was a really fun afternoon!






Pinkies up!


The other thing I was excited for was seeing "Book of Mormon" which is a musical made by the creators of South Park.  I heard such good reviews about it, and it lived up to it all. It is definitely not meant for the easily offended, as there is some really racy parts in the musical but it made me laugh so hard I was crying a few times.


A house that is commonly used for filming that we encountered during the Jack the Ripper tour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment