Monday 2 November 2015

The North West

At the start of summer I made the journey up to North West England to visit Marcel working in Liverpool and then took a day trip to the Lake District, one of the most popular holiday destinations famous for its scenery. Liverpool is where the Beatles started so it was pretty cool to see all the Beatlemania stuff, even though I am not a huge Beatles fan. I spent my first day exploring the downtown area and found Matthew Street which has the famous Cavern Club where the Beatles often played. 


I took a day trip to the Lake District, though I am pretty certain it was for Senior citizens, as I was by far the youngest by at least 40 years. I can't remember the bus company I went with, but it was pretty good for the price! We went on a cruise along Lake Windermere and I didn't dress for the weather but luckily the bus driver let me borrow is sweater or else I would've froze! Next we had a few hours in Ambleside, an adorable little town full of different hiking and outdoor sport shops. It was interesting to travel somewhere on your own, it made me appreciate travelling with friends because its much more enjoyable to share the experience.

boat cruise Lake Windermere

Ambleside
Even the rest stops in the Lake District are beautiful!
Lake Windermere





Ambleside


I had a full day in Liverpool, and explored Albert Dock and wasted some time exploring "The Beatles Story" a museum that tells the story of how John, George, Ringo and Paul formed the city's most famous band.






In the museum they had recreated what The Cavern Club would've looked like back when the Beatles played, so of course later that night Marcel and I had to check out what the real Cavern Club looks like. They had a Beatles tribute band that was pretty good!


The fake/recreated "Cavern Club" back when the Beatles played


The real Cavern Club

No comments:

Post a Comment