Wednesday 23 December 2015

Pubs, Flowers & Guns

Kirsten and I got a Groupon deal for a makeup course in the Hackney/Shoreditch area one weekend and decided to try out some "hidden bars." The first one is a normal cocktail bar, but then you are given a secret code and go through a passage and up the stairs to punch in the certain code. The code changes each night. The current theme for that secret bar was "Choose your own adventure" where the drink menu was like a story and you had to made a decision and go to a certain page which in the end would give you a certain drink for you to order. They were all very unique concoctions with some ingredients I had never heard of but tasted good!


Next we went to another pub where you go through the wardrobe to get to the secret room. It was fun exploring new places. We ended with a big club in Shoreditch. I find some of the best nights are ones where you don't have much planned and are spontaneous.

Sometimes it looks funny when we stand together with how short I am and how tall Kirsten is



I went to the Columbia Road Flower Market which runs every Sunday morning in East London. I had briefly been once before when my mom visited but it was so overwhelming and too busy.




My purchases from the market

Katy and I went clay pigeon shooting just outside of London from another Groupon deal. We did not exactly fit in with everyone else who was shooting there which was all rugged men. We got 25 rounds and did three different courses. Once you got the hang of shooting it was really fun... (shooting the clay pigeons I mean.) We both were so surprised at how heavy the shotgun was and halfway through our session our arms started getting tired. Later that day we both had quite a few bruises from the kickback and weren't able to lift our arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment