Thursday 23 October 2014

Borough Market

I am currently home sick from work with a horrible cold which has left me with no voice, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to get caught up with what I did last weekend.

Saturday was another rainy day in London, but despite the weather we decided to go to Borough Market in Southwark London which was recommended to us by Shauna. Borough Market is known as London's most renowned food market. There were all sorts of stalls selling fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, baked goods, and just about any type of cuisine you can think of. My favourite part of the market was this somewhat hidden area where there is a bunch of colourful umbrellas hanging in the air. Of course the market was super busy with a long queue at each stall, but I think that's just London - queues everywhere! Katy and Kylie got smashed potatoes with cheese drizzled over them, whereas I just opted for some sweet potato fries. I'm sure we will go back again and I will try to be more adventurous with my food choices.


Umbrella display 
A better shot of the colourful display

We walked a bit from the market to see Tower Bridge

The Shard, Western Europe's tallest building. Still not as tall as the CN Tower..

Since Kylie and Katy didn't come out last weekend to Shoreditch, we decided to go there Saturday night. We tried to go to one of the places I went last weekend but it was so busy as we went out later than I did the Friday before so just stuck to one place but had a fun time!

Roomies in our new dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment